Excerpts from "The C Programming Language" (Re: C bashing)

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Tue May 29 06:13:28 AEST 1990

In article <7937 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> kassover at jupiter.crd.ge.com (David Kassover) writes:
>I would think that if someone wanted to build a sharp tool, one
>would also want to keep the edges away from the handles.  IMO,
>Ada helps this more than C does.

Yeah, by enclosing the knife in a tough leather sheath and prohibiting the
removal of the knife from the sheath without ruining the knife.  Why do these
ADA/C/Pascal flame wars always crop up here?  Do we go into the ADA group and
flame their language?  I don't, I don't even subscribe to the damn thing.
Why don't they stay where they belong and leave us real programmers alone?

--
jim		jharkins at sagpd1

I *still* don't know who killed Laura Palmer!