Excerpts from "The C Programming Language" (Re: C bashing)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Tue May 29 13:11:55 AEST 1990

In article <791 at sagpd1.UUCP>, jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) writes:
> Why do these
> ADA/C/Pascal flame wars always crop up here?  Do we go into the ADA group and
> flame their language?

Yes.

> I don't, I don't even subscribe to the damn thing.

I do subscribe.  There's probably more bashing of Ada by C bigots than
there is C bashing by Ada lovers, proportionally.

> Why don't they stay where they belong and leave us real programmers alone?

This is the net.  Mac/PC/ST/Amiga wars, UNIX/VMS/OS2/... wars, my language
is better than your language, it's not just argument, it's a way of life.
--
"A 7th class of programs, correct in every way, is believed to exist by a
few computer scientists.  However, no example could be found to include here."