Am I happy to have MS C 6.0 ???

Peter C. Bahrs pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu
Sat May 5 09:09:20 AEST 1990

I have an IBM PS/2 Model 70 with 3 meg memory, 60mg hd, VGA and 16mhz clock
speed.  I just got the MS 6.0 upgrade.  I removed all of the old 5.1 stuff and
installed the new version with no problem!
...AND THEN...
After fumbling around with PWB, (getting used to the windows and compiling
some of the demos) I wrote this program :

  main()
  {   printf ("Hello world\n"); }

Listed are some unbelievable timings!!:

Compile time:		47 seconds                   (nondebug mode)
Execution time:		11 seconds
>From 'Hit any key to continue till the editor came back up':
 			21 seconds
TOTAL:           1 minute and 19 seconds

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but with QC 5.1 or TC  I have never
waited this long.  THIS IS A TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF TIME TO WAIT!

Additionally, I have the number '50' appearing on most menus? What the
heck is this?  I HOPE that I am doing something wrong because if not
then this is one unhappy camper and I will not let this go on un-newsed.

Any ideas?

pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu