Am I happy to have MS C 6.0 ???

Kevin D. Quitt kdq at demott.COM
Tue May 8 08:33:56 AEST 1990

In article <5136 at hub.ucsb.edu> 6600sirt at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Mike O'Brien) writes:
>From article <7956 at rouge.usl.edu>, by pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs):
>>
>> Compile time:		47 seconds                   (nondebug mode)
>> Execution time:		11 seconds
>> From 'Hit any key to continue till the editor came back up':
>>  			21 seconds
>> TOTAL:           1 minute and 19 seconds
>>
>You're forcing PWB to close all files, swap itself to disk,
>do what you asked, swap itself back, and reopen everything.

    I've been able to do precisely this same thing with Epsilon for a couple
years now, and it only take a couple seconds to get out and get back in.  It
leaves only 4K resident in the process.  What's so wonder about MSC's new
editor? (nothing - I'm certainly not going to use it, since it gives me no
new features.)

kdq
--

 _
Kevin D. Quitt                          Manager, Software Development

 96.37% of the people who use statistics in arguments make them up.