Failure of popen and system calls ......

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Thu May 10 03:13:27 AEST 1990

In article <439 at latvax8.lat.oz> MICPRF at latvax8.lat.oz writes:
>My problem is this - how do I stop unix system calls from failing
>due to lack of space when made from a large process....

This is almost certainly a kernel limitation, not something enforced
by the C library.  You need to talk to either your system supplier
or someone who knows what's going on in your particular flavor of
Unix kernel.  It could be a dozen things.

I've redirected followups away from comp.lang.c.
--
If OSI is the answer, what is |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
the question?? -Rolf Nordhagen| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu