SCCS REVISION HISTORY

Ed Korsberg korsberg at abaa.uucp
Mon Oct 22 22:04:50 AEST 1990

In article <143950 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> petej at itcode.Eng.Sun.COM (Pete Jolly) writes:

>Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to incorporate
>revision history into SCCS source files??
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Pete Jolly.

I have not used RCS but I incorporate revision strings in my source files
by including the following line for C source files:

/****************************************************************************
 Copyright 1990 Your company name
 %W%, Date %G%
*****************************************************************************/

Assuming the source file is named foobar.c  the above line %W%, Date %G%
will expand to
        @(#)foobar.c  1.7, Date 10/22/90
                      ^ ^
Major revision--------! !
Minor revision----------!

This expansion is done when SCCS checks a file back into the database.
Ed Korsberg             E-mail: korsberg at aa.ab.com
Allen Bradley Inc.      phone:  313-998-2470
555 Briarwood Circle
Ann Arbor, Mich 48104