'C' for CP/M

Allan Duncan aduncan at rhea.trl.oz
Wed Oct 3 09:32:39 AEST 1990

Sorry, our news mailer choked on the beginning of my posting - here it
is again:

>From article <1990Sep29.150153.6287 at cims2.uucp>, by kew at cims2.uucp (Keith Walker):

> There was also BDS C, from BD Systems (?); it was the original C compiler
                 ^^^
	I heard that they had a twisted sense of humour and that it
stood for Brain Damaged Software.

Manx got up to version 1.06d for CP/M - I still use it for Z80 embedded
controller work, but replaced the assembler and linker with SLR's
products (Z80ASM and SRLNK+) for greater speed and versatility - some
adaption to the startup code was needed.

Allan Duncan	ACSnet	a.duncan at trl.oz
(03) 541 6708	ARPA	a.duncan%trl.oz.au at uunet.uu.net
		UUCP	{uunet,hplabs,ukc}!munnari!trl.oz!a.duncan
Telecom Research Labs, PO Box 249, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia.