'C' for CP/M

Dr. T. Andrews tanner at cdis-1.compu.com
Tue Oct 2 02:00:26 AEST 1990

 + In article <530 at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US> friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US
 + (Steve Friedl) writes  [ of BDS C under CP/M ]
True, there was BDS C, but there was also Q/C ("quality C"), by Jim
Colvin, and which we happily used.  It had everything but longs and
floating types (and it had a crude pre-processor).  It was one-pass
in operation, generating source for the local assembler.

Reasonably fast (normally it was waiting on I/O), reasonably cheap,
and it came with source.  Funny how things which come with source
seem to work better, isn't it?

Ah, yes, and it could re-compile itself on a CP/M system!  This was
verified by allowing it to do so, after making a few minor mods to
it.  A really incredible deal, and one which we still cite as a good
example.
--
Section 801. Relation to the charter government.  All those functions
now performed by the Board of County Commissioners, the tax assessor