switch break

Socrates kpicott at alias.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 22:26:04 AEST 1990

In <1990Oct3.160403.517 at Neon.Stanford.EDU> dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Dave Eisen) writes:

>Changing the default to breaking and allowing the word
>continue to be used for fall-through  where would make switch statements
>cleaner and would save typing in both the fall through and other case ---
>we wouldn't have to type "break;" and we wouldn't have to type
>"/* YES --- I REALLY MEAN TO FALL THROUGH */."
>Dave Eisen                      	    Home: (415) 323-9757

As long as we're changing the definition of C why not just add another
keyword "fallthrough" to be used instead of "continue"?  That way we have
our structuring, we have our ability to fallthrough, and the loop functions
"break" and "continue" can be consistent in their usage.

 Kevin Picott   aka   Socrates   aka   kpicott%alias at csri.toronto.edu
 Alias Research Inc.  110 Richmond St. E.  Toronto, Ontario... M5C 1P1
 (416) 362-9181 x336