switch break

Dave Eisen dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 6 02:58:46 AEST 1990

In article <RVJJq3w163w at cybrspc> roy%cybrspc at cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) writes:
>dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Dave Eisen) writes:
>
>> Changing the default to breaking and allowing the word
>> continue to be used for fall-through  where would make switch statements
>> cleaner and would save typing in both the fall through and other case ---
>
>Continue, though, is already a keyword for loop control. Giving it two
>seperate and context-dependant tasks would, IMHO, _really_ screw people
>up.

Break, though, is already a keyword for loop control. Giving it two
separate and context-dependent tasks would, IMHO, _really_ screw people
up.

Oh hell, I guess they'll muddle through somehow.

--
Dave Eisen                      	    Home: (415) 323-9757
dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU           Office: (415) 967-5644