C Compiler under Unix System VR4

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Sat Oct 13 02:16:23 AEST 1990

In article <3159 at unisoft.UUCP> rembo at unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) writes:

| One more thing.  Although I haven't confirmed this, it seem that
| the #if #machine construct *is* ANSI, but that gcc is not
| entirely ANSI (even with the -ansi option).

GCC does has a few dark corners, that are being fixed, though a lot of
the problems are using the host library.  However, the #if #machine
construct is definately NOT ansi -- you must be thinking of the
stringizing operator which is only allow within macro bodies.

--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861

Do apple growers tell their kids money doesn't grow on bushes?