C Compiler under Unix System VR4

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Oct 13 00:35:28 AEST 1990

In article <3159 at unisoft.UUCP> rembo at unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) writes:
>One more thing.  Although I haven't confirmed this, it seem that
>the #if #machine construct *is* ANSI, but that gcc is not
>entirely ANSI (even with the -ansi option).

Would you guys please quit cluttering the net with wild guesses?
"#if #machine(...)" cannot be used in a strictly conforming C program.
That is why I say that that whole approach is a botch.  It's intended
specifically to aid in porting across environments, but it interferes
with porting to most environments!