Just a minor new twist on free()

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Sat Oct 20 02:15:18 AEST 1990

In article <PDS.90Oct17102409 at lemming.webo.dg.com> pds at lemming.webo.dg.com (Paul D. Smith) writes:
Seems an attribution was left off but looks like ?@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca said:
>[] In article <PDS.90Oct15104036 at lemming.webo.dg.com> pds at lemming.webo.dg.com (Paul D. Smith) writes:
>[] >Oh no! Not that!  *Never* *ever* *change* the standard libraries which
>
>[] At UniFax, we ANSIfy the development environment on all of our
>
>I'd say all this falls under the "unless they don't work" category! :-)
>Even so, as has already been mentioned, there are probably better ways
>of doing it than changing the standard includes.

When I installed gcc on my system I modified it to look in /usr/newinclude
for headers and then in /usr/include if not found.  I then copied header
files into the new directory and modified them.  This leaves the original
header files untouched and in fact cc will still work if necessary using
the old header files.  What's the point of having an ANSI compiler if you
don't have the ANSI standard prototypes?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   I support gun control.