How to ANSIfy (Was: Re: Just a minor new twist on free())

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Wed Oct 17 04:34:04 AEST 1990

Article <2612 at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> by jtc at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (J.T. Conklin) says:
|At UniFax, we ANSIfy the development environment on all of our
|development machines.  Header files get protoized and missing
|functions get added to the C library.
One way to do this, if the vendors headers just miss a few things, is to
create your own standard header, make the corrections necessary and #include
"/usr/include/whatever.h" in this one, and use -I to get your copy included
in stead of the standard one.  This, of course is not at all allowed by ANSI
(the headers need not even be files), but it will do the trick on most Unix
systems.
Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl
ORACLE Corporation    From IBM: auschs!ibmaus!cs.utexas.edu!uunet!oracle!bengsig

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"