Just a minor new twist on free()

J.T. Conklin jtc at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca
Tue Oct 16 23:40:30 AEST 1990

In article <PDS.90Oct15104036 at lemming.webo.dg.com> pds at lemming.webo.dg.com (Paul D. Smith) writes:
>Oh no! Not that!  *Never* *ever* *change* the standard libraries which
>ship with your compiler! (unless they don't work ;-)  Put it in some
>local header file please, I don't want to change my nice, working,
>ANSI-compliant header files in order to compile your program...

At UniFax, we ANSIfy the development environment on all of our
development machines.  Header files get protoized and missing
functions get added to the C library.

It is hoped that the vendors will finally get the idea, but until then
we feel that maintaining these development environments is worth the
effort.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin	UniFax Communications Inc.