Problem with dbx

Vasile R. Montan vrm at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu
Thu Oct 25 06:13:31 AEST 1990

   I am linking with code that someone else is developing and he has
directories organized with seperate develop and release source
directories.  When he gets his code to a satisfactory level he places
the library and sources in the release directory so that he can
continue working in the develop directory without affecting me.

   The problem is that sometimes I want to trace through his code, but
dbx insists on using the sources in the develop directory.  I have
tried the 'file' command to tell it to look in at the source in the
release directory, but dbx responds with:
warning: File `release/src/filename.c' has not been compiled with the -g option
It then continues to use the source in the develop directory.

   Is there a way to tell dbx to use the file anyway.  I suppose I
could solve this problem by making him compile the code after coping
it to the release directory, but I figure there must be a way to do
what I want.

-- Vasile