Problem with dbx

Bob Fisher nts0302 at dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil
Thu Oct 25 21:54:10 AEST 1990

>From article <942 at babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu>, by vrm at cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Vasile R. Montan):
}
}    The problem is that sometimes I want to trace through his code, but
} dbx insists on using the sources in the develop directory.  I have
} tried the 'file' command to tell it to look in at the source in the
} release directory, but dbx responds with:
} warning: File `release/src/filename.c' has not been compiled with the -g option
} It then continues to use the source in the develop directory.
}
}    Is there a way to tell dbx to use the file anyway.

Our implementation of dbx uses a "-I dir_name" to add a pathname to the
list of directories that dbx searches to find source files.  I don't know
if this is what you mean by the "file command".

Since the code you are borrowing is still under development, ask your
friend to compile it with the -g option like the message says.

--
Bob Fisher
US Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation Center