64 bit architectures and C/C++

Conor O'Neill conor at lion.inmos.co.uk
Thu May 9 22:19:26 AEST 1991

In article <179 at shasta.Stanford.EDU> shap at shasta.Stanford.EDU (shap) writes:
>While I happen to agree with this sentiment, there is an argument that X
>hundred million lines of C code can't be wrong.  The problem with
>theology is that it's not commercially viable.

Or did you mean "C hundred million lines of X code"...

(Apparently X even has such nasties buried inside it as expecting
that successive calls to malloc have higher addresses,
forcing the heap to grow upwards.) (So I'm informed)
---
Conor O'Neill, Software Group, INMOS Ltd., UK.
UK: conor at inmos.co.uk		US: conor at inmos.com
"It's state-of-the-art" "But it doesn't work!" "That is the state-of-the-art".