64 bit architectures and C/C++

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Thu May 9 13:58:00 AEST 1991

In article <470 at heurikon.heurikon.com>, daves at ex.heurikon.com (Dave Scidmore) writes:
> I'm supprised nobody has mentioned that the real solution to this kind
> of portability problem is for the original programmer to use the
> definitions in "types.h" that tell you how big chars, shorts, ints,
> and longs are.

Why be surprised?  I'm using an Encore Multimax running 4.3BSD, and
on this machine there _isn't_ any types.h file.  We have a copy of GCC,
so we _have_ access to the ANSI file, but that's <limits.h>, not "types.h".

--
Bad things happen periodically, and they're going to happen to somebody.
Why not you?					-- John Allen Paulos.