Memor fault, Core dump

Nesha Nicole Jones nnj20229 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed May 22 02:04:06 AEST 1991

I am having a small problem debugging a program of mine. I get a memory
fault after a fprintf statement.  I was trying to allow the user to input
more than one line of information at a prompt.  The program prints the
printf statement and then then does the fprintf and then bombs with a
memory fault.  I know memory faults can be caused by a lot of things
but I was wondering if you could point me in the correct direction for
debugging it.

also, I read in two values, a date and a time.  I strcat the date and time
together and the value for date is somehow changed to the 5th char in time
ex.  09:45   date= 5

Any suggtestions about why this happens would also be helpfull.

Thanks,
NNJ