Memor fault, Core dump

Frank B. Mostek mostek at motcid.UUCP
Wed May 29 04:31:35 AEST 1991

nnj20229 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Nesha Nicole Jones) writes:

>also, I read in two values, a date and a time.  I strcat the date and time
>together and the value for date is somehow changed to the 5th char in time
>ex.  09:45   date= 5

It would be easier if you included the piece of code.  The strcat
function sometimes causes problems.  It assumes the destination address
points to an area of memory that is big enough to hold the resulting
concatenated data.  Make sure that your destination is big enough to
hold both the date and time. (Assuming that is all that you are ever
concatenating.)

Also, make sure that your parameters are correct to the print functions.

Hope this helps.
--
Frank Mostek			uunet!motcid!amethyst!mostek
(708)632-6965			mostek at amethyst.mot.com