Simple question.

Dave Schaumann dave at cs.arizona.edu
Mon May 13 02:06:56 AEST 1991

>In article <6131 at gara.une.oz.au> cfiddyme at gara.une.oz.au (Kith Kanan) writes:
>>
>> Could someone please tell me if it is possible to read a string with
>> scanf() and not have the string printed on the screen.
>>                          Thanks.
>>                                 Chris.

Manipulating character echo on input is a system-specific thing.
There is no provision in the C standard for turning off echo, or
reading characters without hitting return, or many other useful
but rather system specific things.

I suggest you read your system manual, or re-ask your question in
a machine specific group, or even (gasp!) ask someone at your local site.

--
Dave Schaumann      | There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool
dave at cs.arizona.edu | following it.	- Niven's Law # 16