pointer sizes, was: Re: What does char **ch mean?

Richard Harter rh at smds.UUCP
Sat May 18 16:29:48 AEST 1991

In article <2274 at talos.npri.com>, jerry at talos.npri.com (Jerry Gitomer) writes:
> rh at smds.UUCP (Richard Harter) writes:

> :However these fussy rules are only
> :for portability freaks.  If your friend is only going to have one job in
> :his life, work on only one machine in his life, and only use one compiler
> :I see no reason why he should worry about these issues.

> 	I think you forgot the :-)

Quite right.  Mea Culpa.  Usenet is famed for its contributors who are
dangerously humor impaired and cannot recognize irony or sarcasm even
when they are laid on with a trowel.  Extensive experience has shown
that the net is quieter and more decorous when the humor impaired are
protected from their propensity to flame by the judicious placement of
smileys.

:-)

--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398