looking for interpreter / macro language facility

Peter Holzer hp at vmars.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 24 00:52:59 AEST 1991

ajb at miles.WPI.EDU (Arthur J. Butler) writes:

>hi.  i am looking for advice and/or suggestions on an interpreter or
>macro language facility which i plan on adding to my application.  are
>there common languages which are used to add macro facilities to
>applications?  are there any PD/commercial lisp implementations
>available which would suffice?

>	within this macro language, i need to at least to
>	a) be able to call functions within my program.
>	b) be able to use control and loop constructs.
>	c) define and use simple variables.

You might want to have a look at tcl by Karl Lehenbauer. It was posted
to alt.sources last December. It does everything you want, is rather
small (10-20k extra code for the interpreter, if I remember correctly)
and looks like a mixture of sh and lisp.

I have played around a little with it when it was posted, but I have
not really used it, so I can't say how usable it is for real work, but
the docu says it has already been used for an X-based editor.
If it is not archived somewhere near you, you can get it by anonymous
FTP from ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at.

--
|    _  | Peter J. Holzer                       | Think of it   |
| |_|_) | Technical University Vienna           | as evolution  |