USENIX incompetence

Rob Wood rob at genrad.UUCP
Tue Dec 6 22:14:04 AEST 1983

I received my USENIX distribution tape.  The tape had the dull side out.
I thought that this was wrong.  I sent uucp mail to the office and was
told to return the tape.  I did.  They sent the tape back to me, with no
letter or anything, with the tape on the reel with the dull side out.
I wrote a letter to them and enclosed it with my tape sending it back
a second time saying I thought the tape was on backwards.  Today I
received back the tape.  The same tape.  No change.  Still the dull side out.
All tapes I have in my computer room, from 4 different manufacturers have
the shiny side out.  Am I completely wrong in this?  Or is this another
proof that our $300 dues is being misused.  I requested a copy of the
financial report of the association.  No reply.  No comments.  Nothing.
This net provides me with more programs than USENIX, and people here reply!

	Rob Wood	(decvax!genrad!rob)