Call for tutorial speakers, Denver conference

Mike Tilson mike at hcradm.UUCP
Tue Aug 13 05:43:56 AEST 1985

This is a call for speakers for the tutorial sessions at the Winter Usenix
meeting, Denver, Colorado, January 15-17, 1985.

This conference will be in a new form -- three days of specialized
meetings, plus three overlapping days of tutorial sessions.  The tutorials
are intended to complement the topics of each conference day.  The topics
are:

        January 15:     UNIX and window environments
        January 16:     UNIX on large machines
        January 17:     UNIX and Ada

Tutorials appropriate to each session will be held on adjacent days.  We
are looking for tutorial speakers and tutorial proposals in any related
area.  Possible subject areas are:

        Window management systems
        IPC, streams, and sockets (esp. relating to use in graphics systems)

        SNA networking and UNIX
        Performance analysis and benchmarking

        Ada programming language
        Ada programming environments (esp. UNIX-based)

plus general interest topics such as 4BSD or System V internals.  We are
open to other suggestions.

A tutorial speaker must be experienced in the subject matter and
experienced in giving day long seminars to professional technical people.
Proven ability to offer a high quality session is a prerequisite.
The tutorials will be one day in length, with a maximum attendance of
around 150 per session, and should be aimed at a fairly high technical
level.

We are in the process of finalizing a schedule, and we would like to hear
from anyone who is interested in giving a technical tutorial.  We will pay
a speaker's fee as well as transportation expenses, etc.  We also handle
the duplication of handouts from your camera-ready copy.  You must provide
your own overheads or slides.

If you wish to give a tutorial, please provide an outline of your proposed
course, along with some background information about yourself, to:

        Michael Tilson
        Human Computing Resources Corporation
        10 St. Mary Street
        Toronto, Canada   M4Y 1P9

        416-922-1937

        {utzoo,decvax}!hcr!hcradm!mike

Time is very limited.  Please respond before August 30, 1985.