a few questions

Eric Black ericb at athertn.Atherton.COM
Sat Jun 18 07:51:47 AEST 1988

In article <Jun.12.22.43.51.1988.13507 at njin.rutgers.edu> dpz at njin.rutgers.edu (David P. Zimmerman) writes:
>In fact, on the subject of "a few questions", anyone have any good
>restaurants (or shoe stores :-)) to recommend in the 'Frisco area?
>
>						^David

The last time I was in Frisco, there was a new Denny's-style "family"
restaurant just off the Interstate (I-70).  There are a few small
restaurants in town, but I can't honestly say I recommend them.  You
might go another 30 miles west on I-70 to Vail; there are some
good restaurants there.

On the other hand, there are literally thousands of good restaurants in
the Bay Area, and people often think nothing of driving 50 miles to
get to a particular one (this is not so outrageous as you might think -- in
many large cities it can take an hour on public transportation to get
somewhere in the same city...although 1/2 hour should do it here).
I would really hate to name one or three and exclude the others.  You
didn't say what kind of food you were looking for.  Just about anything
you might think of can be found.  There are very good Chinese, Italian,
and "continental" restaurants fairly nearby the conference, also good sushi,
Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, "California cuisine", all sorts of things.
It's a lot harder to go wrong here than in a lot of places I've been!

I would tend to trust virtually *any* seafood restaurant here far more
than even the best restaurant in Frisco.

Oh, by the way, Frisco is a small town in Colorado near Dillon, just
east of Vail.  Be careful to observe the distinction when you are out
here in San Francisco for USENIX!
--
Eric Black	"Garbage in, Gospel out"
Atherton Technology, 1333 Bordeaux Dr., Sunnyvale, CA, 94089