USENIX and South Africa

Leonard H. Tower Jr. tower at buita.bu.edu
Thu Jun 7 15:01:46 AEST 1990

* It be nice if someone from the Board or our Executive Director,
would fill us in on what the issue is here.  At the least, it will
save each of them time at Anaheim filling people in individually.

Are their sections from prior Board Meeting minutes that might be
posted?

* I suspect this issue will be brought up at the Open Board Meeting
next week in Anaheim.

* IMHO, the Association should consider the political and social
effects of its actions.  I would hate to see Unix used to assist
anyone in oppressing another.  Professionals need to apply their
expertises carefully and with conscience.  And so should the
professional associations representing them.

thanx -len