COMPUTING SYSTEMS

Peter Salus peter at world.std.com
Tue Nov 13 01:57:58 AEST 1990

Volume 3 of COMPUTING SYSTEMS is nearly done:
3.4 will go to the University of California
Press shortly, and (if it isn't stuck in the
Christmas mail) will get to you either at the
very end of the year or the first week of the New
Year.

As Managing Editor, most of my job is nagging
folks: authors, reviewers, typesetters, printers.

So here I am:  send in more articles.  I want
more papers to read (and reject).  Over the
first three years, we have published just over
40 papers.  We had 237 submitted.  This means
that we published ~18% of what we received.
(Some of that 82% is being revised and, I hope
will be resubmitted.)

Quality remains high because we can be selective.
But if you guys don't submit, the flow will
slacken.

Submissions should come to me at
	peter at world.std.com
	peter at usenix.org
	peter at uunet.uu.net
		or
	journal at usenix.org

Peter H. Salus
Managing Editor
COMPUTING SYSTEMS
--
The difference between practice and theory in practice is always
greater than the difference between practice and theory in theory.