rooms near Opryland Hotel

Christine Gregory cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 18 06:49:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr17.180302.23854 at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> howard at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Howard Lem) writes:

(thanks!)

In case it helps, I'll let y'all know what happened when I called:

" Hi all - Here's a list of hotels that are near Opryland.  This is taken from
" 	 the AAA guide of Kentucky & Tennessee.  Rates are from AAA book.
" Best Western Opryland	- 2600 Music Valley Dr.
" 			- 1p $58, 2p2b $65,  RG *
" 			- 1-800-388-3066 or (615)-889-8235

Now called something else -- All booked up.

" Comfort Inn Opryland	- 2516 Music Valley Dr.
" 			- 1p $44.95, 2p2b $44.95, SVR *
" 			- (615)-889-0086

$69.95 per night (single or double), requires a $100 deposit to be sent in
advance.

" Econo Lodge-Opryland	- 2460 Music Valley Dr.
" 			- 1p $42.95 2p2b 58.95, RSC *
" 			- (615)-889-0090

All booked up.

" Ramada Inn Across from Opryland	- 2401 Music Valley Dr.
" 				- 1p $89, 2p2b $89, SVR *
" 				- (615)-889-0800

Didn't bother calling this one, since it's already more expensive than one
in the Usenix brouchure.

If anybody knows of any others, let's hear it!
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't mind staying at an "inexpensive"
hotel, as long as it's halfway decent.  (i.e. "Days Inn" is OK, "The Honky-
Tonk Motel" isn't  :-)  Anybody out there familiar with the area?
(I've been through Nashville quite a few times, but never stayed in a hotel
 there.)
Otherwise, my $100 will be on its way to Comfort Inn.

Christine A. Gregory				cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu
Research Programmer -- C.S. Instruct'l Lab Operations   voice 217/244-6108
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign		fax   217/333-3501