need summary of final Nashville session

Robert Williams robertw at bnr.ca
Thu Jun 27 02:47:52 AEST 1991

|> In <1991Jun21.195951.20704 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:
|>
|> =>Does anyone have a summary of the final panel session at Nashville (the
|> =>"Who owns your work?")?

I imagine that there is a fairly high demand for a summary from this panel --
it was well attended, and very interesting.  At another conference that I
attended, the sessions were taped (with the presenter's permission), and the
tapes were made available for sale during the conference, and afterwards.  It was
a great feature of the conference, and one that I would like to see at Usenix --
especially for panel sessions and the invited talks.  Even better would be a
videotape -- the main conference room was shown on a video screen, and I would
have loved to see a tape of some of the panels and/or invited talks that I missed.
I don't think that such a feature would have been too useful for the paper
presentations, since they're in the proceedings anyway.
--
Robert R. Williams     Dept. 1B84,                      Only two things are
Ph:  (613) 763-2513    Bell-Northern Research Ltd.,     infinite, the universe