help with Eunice uucp

David Ornstein david at at2020.UUCP
Thu Oct 23 00:41:30 AEST 1986

	Hi everyone,

	We are a VMS site running Eunice.  We have an ATT 7300 running
the news software.  I want to get our uucp running under Eunice.  This
stuff doesn't seem to work at all.  There are files missing (UUCP.COM in
/usr/lib/uucp) that are needed for the UUCP startup logic in RC.  There
is no good documentation for this stuff, and the sys admin here says
that we trashed our Eunice service contract because we couldn't get
any useful help from them.  Has anyone out there gotten Eunice UUCP running?
Has anyone gotten the news software running under Eunice?  My current plan
is to get the uucp connection established for mail to the 7300 and then
try to get the news stuff running, eventually taking the 7300 out of the
loop entirely.

Anyway, is there anyone out there who has done this?  Can you help?
If you're too busy, can you at least point me in a good direction?

Thanks, in advance,

david

...ihnp4!mirror!at2020!david

:s