help with Eunice uucp

mark edwards edwards at uwmacc.UUCP
Mon Oct 27 23:47:29 AEST 1986

In article <14 at at2020.UUCP> david at at2020.UUCP (David Ornstein) writes:

>	Hi everyone,
>
>	We are a VMS site running Eunice.  We have an ATT 7300 running
>the news software.  I want to get our uucp running under Eunice.  This
>stuff doesn't seem to work at all.  There are files missing (UUCP.COM in
>/usr/lib/uucp) that are needed for the UUCP startup logic in RC.

    What version are you running ? We are running 4.2 and it seems to
  work just fine if you have the Eunice site call the Unix site.

>There
>is no good documentation for this stuff, and the sys admin here says
>that we trashed our Eunice service contract because we couldn't get
>any useful help from them.

      Again what version ? Its all important in Eunice. I don't think
 4.1 worked so well.

>Has anyone out there gotten Eunice UUCP running?
>Has anyone gotten the news software running under Eunice?  My current plan
>is to get the uucp connection established for mail to the 7300 and then
>try to get the news stuff running, eventually taking the 7300 out of the
>loop entirely.
>
>Anyway, is there anyone out there who has done this?  Can you help?
>If you're too busy, can you at least point me in a good direction?

    I would be interested in hearing if anyone has gotten the news, inews
    software to work also. I'm in the process of trying it, but it ain't
    going so well. (Just for info, I do have it working on a real Unix
    system)

    mark
--
    {allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!edwards
    UW-Madison, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706