Help with EUNICE 4.2 wanted

edwards at uwmacc.UUCP edwards at uwmacc.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 00:27:34 AEST 1987

In article <12225 at brunix.UUCP> rjd at brunix.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) writes:

  Hey Rob, how ya doing. I am also in the middle of putting the software
 our Eunice. (For reasons that I am sure you have heard about.) I've
 have gotten as far as getting the news transfered regularily now. But
 there is a problem with the active file. You see it does not get updated.
 I have gotten vnews working along with readnews. "rn" is another headache.

 Personally I think Eunice is retarded. But hey thats just my opinion.
 It may have something to do with it being 4.1 rather than 4.3 or 4.2.
 Actually that should read based on 4.1. We do have Eunice 4.2 as you
 know.

  UUCP is working just great, well great for UUCP under eunice/vms,
  whatever that means.

>I am trying to bring news 2.11 up on EUNICE BSD 4.2, but I am having
>tremendous problems in doing so. Could someone out there who has
>attempted a similar feat, whether successful or not, drop me a line?

  So how far have you gotten ? Does uucp work yet ? What have you
  got working ?

  mark
    edwards at unix.macc.wisc.edu
    {allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!edwards
    UW-Madison, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706