enhanced version of 'correct' - (nf)

notes at fortune.UUCP notes at fortune.UUCP
Wed Nov 23 06:12:03 AEST 1983

#R:fortune:10100002:fortune:10100006:000:1272
fortune!olson    Nov 22 11:40:00 1983

>	In compiling this thing I discovered that the values PROMPT_VERB &
>	PROMPT_NOVERB are truncated to the same thing. On V7 on a PDP-11/44
>	It is no big matter.
>	Brad Smith
>	----------

I'm sorry about that, these were originally #defines, which are
significant to 8 chars.  When I converted them to char [], I didn't
have this problem because both machines I use have the Berkeley
extension allowing long variable names.

Below is the fix to the core dump problem when typing a CR without
giving a local dicitionary.

The fix is to change:
		case '\n':
			AddtoasLocdict(wordin);
			bLocdictflag++;
			break;
To:
		case '\n':
			if(psLdfile) {
				AddtoasLocdict(wordin);
				bLocdictflag++;
			}
			break;

Below is a response to some mail I received:
I will be posting a somewhat better version to net.sources soon.
It is not sensitive to the case of letters in the local dictionary.  (So
the same word does not have to be added in both capitalized and
uncapitalized form.)

As far as adding an 'U'ndo command, it should be fairly easy to do,
but I haven't done it yet, I may do it before I post the changes for
the next version.  It is a good idea, several times I have wished it
was there!

	Dave Olson, Fortune Systems {ihnp4,harpo,ucbvax!amd70}!fortune!olson