leading comments

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Sat Aug 24 02:36:20 AEST 1985

> The unshar program (previously posted to net.sources, I think) strips
> leading commentary in a very clever way; it strips text up to a line
> containing the words ``cut'' and ``here'' in that order and then runs
> the rest of the file through sh.

Nearly clever.  I inadvertently caused a great deal of confusion for some
people once by including an arachnid-sacrifice of

*** INSERT YOUR CUTE MESSAGE HERE ***

which I was told got interpreted as being just as good as

Always a wise guy...

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc at MIT-XX.ARPA