Automatic Logout Process

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.UUCP
Wed Aug 14 11:34:59 AEST 1985

In article <6 at andromeda.UUCP> dave at andromeda.UUCP (Dave Bloom) writes:
>Does anyone out there in Netland have source to a program that will
>log users out automatically if their terminals have been idle for a
>specified amount of time and they have no processes running???? Sys V
>or 4.2bsd will do....

Two methods to kill off idle terminals were posted within the past few months:
a cron-driven shell script (idlekill) and a daemon (idledaemon). You can
probably get them from your nearest source archive site; I can also E-mail them
to you. I'll be porting them to the Pyramid (4.2bsd) in a few weeks; if they
require significant changes I'll post the entire sources in net.sources (since
they are both very small).

Sorry about the cross posting; the original request was in net.sources.
--
      -m-------     Carl S. Gutekunst, Software R&D, Pyramid Technology
    ---mmm-----     P.O. Box 7295, Mountain View, CA 94039   415/965-7200