Disgusting Code

G. Bogatko cim1 at pyuxv.UUCP
Fri Feb 7 00:07:09 AEST 1986

	In music_land, there exists the "Max Reger Society".  Once a year, they gather together and give out an award to the person who can write the most
revolting chord progression while still maintaining even the smallest link
to the syntax of tonal music.

	Why don't we do the same thing, and have a "Most Disgusting Code"
award.  The rules are simple.  Just produce your favorite bit of
un-maintainable, or un-readable code. (something that would be too much for
the puzzle book).  Obviously, it must compile.

	Besides being a goof,  all of us might also learn some more of the
inner workings of C.

	Here, to start the ball rolling, is my entry.

/* nasty.c */

main()
{
int a;

	printf("%s me\n",(a=getchar()-48)<4?&(a["\0\005\015\022"]["help\0abandon\0save\0lose"]):"wrong");
}

George Bogatko