PC JOVE IS NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN (neither is non-pc JOVE)

Tony Movshon movshon at acf8.UUCP
Sat Feb 8 01:59:00 AEST 1986

The new versions of JOVE may indeed be copyrighted, but the original
contains no copyright notices of any kind and I am treating it as
public domain. In fact, having recently spent some time working on
Ken Mitchum's version (including adapting it to the DEC Rainbow) I
resent the implication of the earlier net postings that something
that USED to be public domain can be withdrawn. For the information
of any who wish to flame about this, the version I use as a basis
is a combination of Ken Mitchum's hack of the 5/83 LSRHS version
and a version with some improvements made by Doug Kingston at BRL.
Also for the information of flamers, I intend to push my version
out through the usual public-access micro routes when it's all
polished up and ready to go.

It's nice that new versions of (non-PD) JOVE will have enhancements
and fixes. Old JOVE is still pretty good, though.

				Tony Movshon
				Psychology/NYU

arpa:	xp!tony at nyu or movshon at acf8
uucp:	{seismo|allegra|ihnp4}!cmcl2!xp!tony