FSLS - List big files in file system - (nf)

Peter Fales psfales at ihlpl.UUCP
Sun Sep 7 08:17:21 AEST 1986

> THIS PROGRAM FINDS LARGE FILES IN A GIVEN (BSD) FILE SYSTEM
>
> None of the standard programs (ls, find, du, quot) seem to  do
> exactly  this,  so  I  wrote  'fsls'  to  do the job. It calls
> 'ncheck(8)' for the given file system, captures the result  in
> a  temporary file, calls stat for each file listed and outputs
> a line in the 'ls -l' format for each file with at  least  the
> given number of blocks allocated.
>
> If anyone knows how to do this with standard programs,  please
> tell  me how I could have saved time. If anyone improves fsls,
> please let me have the mods.

I don't know about BSD, but I use the following command on my 3b2
(System V) for clearing out big files on the disk:

find / -size +nnn -print

Where nnn is the cutoff point in blocks (512 byte blocks).  To better
simulate the fsls command describe above, one could type

find / -size +nnn -exec ls -l {} \;