Definition of isprint()

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Dec 16 04:11:44 AEST 1988

In article <9182 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>I don't have the proposed standard at hand, but I believe
>that the intention was that in the "C" locale all the C source
>graphic characters (glyphs) plus the space character are
>supposed to satisfy isprint()...

Alas, the wording at the head of section 4.3 (October draft) just says
"implementation-defined" without narrowing it down further.  A footnote
[note that footnotes are not binding on implementors, as they are not
officially part of the standard] pins down what this means for ASCII,
but not more generally.
--
"God willing, we will return." |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
-Eugene Cernan, the Moon, 1972 | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu