New US Rep to ISO C

Rex Jaeschke rex at aussie.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 03:29:33 AEST 1989

> >Considering that most of ANSI voting members are implementers and the
> >whole area of trigraphs is something most of them don't care a hoot about ...
>
> Hey, trigraphs are too an issue for implementors; they have to support
> them.  (And I'm not even an implementor, at least not most of the time.)

Sure they care 'cos they have to implement them. What I meant was,
that most of them are not interested in selling to the marketplaces
where trigraphs are needed. As such they would rather trigraphs not
exist at all. They will begrudgingly implement them but not be too
enthusiastic about it. They will even ship product with __STDC__ set to
1 without having trigraph support (as vendors are already doing).

Rex