Question about function pointers & prototypes

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Tue Aug 29 03:44:41 AEST 1989

In article <10835 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
: In article <19278 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
: >The proposed standard seems (meaning `you should check this yourself')
: >to require that all function pointers `fit' in some other function pointer
: >storage cell.
:
: I don't recall any constraints that would imply this.  Pointers to
: functions are far less "flexible" than object pointers.

One can cast any function pointer to another and back again, and use
the result. I've buried my dpANS so I can't quote chapter and verse
but this was discussed a while ago here.

---
bill at twwells.com