Question about function pointers & prototypes

Rick Coates rickc at agora.UUCP
Sat Aug 26 07:19:18 AEST 1989

I was using my more-or-less ANSI C compiler (Microsoft C for the PC),
and ran across a question about function prototyping:

I am using an array of pointers to functions to access procedures.  My
compiler complains about lacking a function prototype.  Since the
procedures take from none to four differing parameters, how do I declare it?
Just as if it has variable arguments?  I'd have to look up how one declares
no or more arguments...

How about returns? Can I have some void, and some return an int?

Sorry if is this is too elementary for this newsgroup... I was just wondering.

Rick Coates
...!tektronix!reed!percival!agora!rickc