I can't find a good definition anywhere...

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sun May 14 10:55:38 AEST 1989

In article <14324 at bfmny0.UUCP>, tneff at bfmny0.UUCP (Tom Neff) writes:
- >In article <10253 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
- >>There is some sentiment that whatever #pragma does, the rest of the
- >>specifications in the Standard still have to be conformed to, so it's
- 					That is, in order for
- 					the resulting program
- 					to remain ANSI conformant...
- >>not quite "anything".

No!  It is the implementation that I was saying is required to conform
to the specifications of the Standard whether or not a program contains
any particular construct (including #pragma).  #pragma is not license
for the implementation to suddenly ignore the constraints of the Standard.