Application oriented C++ language extensions

Rex Jaeschke rex at aussie.UUCP
Fri Nov 24 04:33:53 AEST 1989

> For example I am developing a C++ based tool for digital signal
> processing and will want to add image processing and matrix
> operations. The code for the DSP operations is proprietary.
>
> Is there any group or organization coordinating such C++ application
> oriented class libraries or interest in starting such
> a group?

The Numerical C Extensions Group was formed in May '89 to look at
extensions to ANSI C. One active member of the group is Kevin Leary
from Analog Devices, a DSP shop. They have their own extensions too.
Other NCEG members (such as Cray) also want to add matrix support
directly in the language. As the convener of NCEG I'd like to be kept
informed of your progress and to get some documentation as "prior
art."

Rex

Rex Jaeschke     |  Journal of C Language Translation  | C Users Journal
(703) 860-0091   |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | DEC PROFESSIONAL
uunet!aussie!rex |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     | Programmers Journal