Application oriented C++ language extensions

Andrew Patterson apa at warwick.UUCP
Tue Nov 21 10:15:51 AEST 1989

In article <1012 at mtnmath.UUCP> paul at mtnmath.UUCP (Paul Budnik) writes:
>For example I am developing a C++ based tool for digital signal
>processing and will want to add image processing and matrix
>operations. The code for the DSP operations is proprietary.
>However, the language notation ideally will conform to (or become)
>a public domain industry standard.
>
>Paul Budnik (Paraphrased)

        Wow - I'm developing a C++ based tool for DSP as my final year project
here at University of Warwick. I'm hoping to produce a complete CAD system
under Sunview. Unfortunately I can't e-mail to the US, so I'm having to write
to you this way... Basically - do you want to share some ideas concerning
desirable facilities such a system should have and whether it's worth
bothering to try and use Sunview from C++, or should I stick to C to write the
front end? Oh - any other contributions welcomed, of course.
                                Pat
                                -X-

@ Andrew Patterson - CS Undergrad and general layabout...                    @
@ Arpa:  apa at cs.warwick.ac.uk   Post: c/o CS Dept. Univ. of Warwick, England @