Naming

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Mon Mar 5 14:14:57 AEST 1990

In article <16064 at haddock.ima.isc.com> karl at haddock.ima.isc.com (Karl Heuer) writes:
>>In article <MCDANIEL.90Feb27103334 at amara.amara.uucp> mcdaniel at amara.uucp (Tim McDaniel) writes:
>>>Are standard library names utterly and completely reserved, or can I
>>>fake it with #define, as in
>>>	#define malloc(bytes)	my_malloc(bytes, __FILE__, __LINE__)
>
>The #define itself is legal (provided you first #undef any old one), but...

Is it?  I was under the impression that the name 'malloc' was reserved
completely.

Or is it ok only because the define gets file scope (as opposed to external
linkage, that is)?
--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts."
seanf at sco.COM    |    -- Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck), _Magnum, P.I._