ANSI C Specs

Tony Hart hart at hppad.waterloo.hp.com
Fri Mar 1 02:24:15 AEST 1991

In comp.std.c, browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (Stan Brown) writes:

> In article <1991Feb24.213911.16408 at cpsc.ucalgary.ca>, pepers at enme3.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) writes:
> > I suppose this is a FAQ but I don't see a FAQ on here so....
> >
> > Where do I send the the ANSI specification for C? I would appreciate the
> > full address info and the cost if known. Thanks in advance for the help!

> American National Standards Institute
> 1430 Broadway
> New York, New York 10018  U.S.A.

> The order number is 'ANSI X3.159-1989, American National Standard for
> Information Systems - Programming Language - C'.  I'm sorry I can't
> give you the price, or the phone number; try +1 212 555 1212; or
> write to the above address for info on ordering from Canada.
                                                       ^^^^^^
> My opinions are mine:  I don't speak for any other person or company.
>                                    email: browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA    +1 216 371 0043

Try the following if ordering from Canada:

    Foreign Standards Sales Section,
    Standards Council of Canada,
    350 Park St., Suite 1200,
    Ottawa, Ontario,
    K1P 6NT,
    (613) 238-3222

When I ordered a copy last December, the cost was $93.

Tony Hart,
Panacom Automation Division,
Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Ltd.,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.