POSIX tools list?

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Thu Aug 16 02:26:23 AEST 1990

From:  henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer)

>I didn't see "ld" in your posting  Did you forget it or is there really
>no POSIX spec for "ld".   If there is, I would be interested to know if
>"ld -A" (loading to an executing program) will be in the spec.

Almost everyone usually does "ld" by invoking "cc", as the precise set
of appropriate "ld" options for a normal program tends to be system-specific.
I would guess that 1003.2 simply didn't think it was worth adding "ld"
given this.

The ability to do "ld -A" (or rather, to do anything useful with the
result) is *very* system-specific.

                                         Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
                                          henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry